Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Coming Clean...



Okay so I have gotten a lot of comments, both published and not so published about my last photo…come on people it’s just a bunch of babies!!!! Emily has a bunch of babies so I thought it fits. No it isn’t vomit and it isn’t something from my trash as some people have alluded too. Just babies!!!



The vomit comment did remind me and others of one of my most cherished throw up stories that I think is worth publishing. When I was a young person one Sunday evening my Dad decided to cook his kids omelets for a Sunday snack before bed. This task fell on him cause my mom was sick in bed; he conjured up some delicious omelets as I remember. A hour or two latter I remember standing in my kitchen and feeling “the feeling”! I think we all are familiar with this feeling but I wasn’t for some reason. It’s the feeling when you start to shiver, sweat and feel weak and it ends with a explosion of sorts. I was standing feeling this way and trying to suppress the feelings. I must have thought I could talk myself out of what was about to transpire but to know avail. Quicker then I could think I started to spew. I quickly ran to the bathroom but as I was running my little mouth could hold back the force that was coming out, needless to say it got ahead of me and in my scurry I found out a great physics lesson: hard wood floors are slippery when wet! Before I knew it I was on flat on my back doing my best impression of Ol’ Faithful in the hallway of my parents house, feet from the toilet. It was a disaster, pieces of ham and egg where everywhere. Later that night I learned a couple of new ways to use four letter words as I listened to my Dad clean it up all night. To this day we are finding residue in crazy places and there is a reason that hallway is now painted in a brown color…



To this day my family jokes about how we think it was my dad’s cooking that made me sick that night. After 13 year or so I feel like I need to come forth and tell the full truth. Yes it could have been his cooking but the half tube of toothpaste I consumed that day might have contributed…I’m just saying…I was out of gum and it was Sunday and I liked the way it tasted…so sue me…

10 comments:

Andrea said...

I'll never forget the day that I heard that story for the first time a few years ago. Everyone listening was bawling we were all laughing so hard. K-Dawg and I thought it was the funniest story. Way to have fresh minty breath all through church Rob!

Kar said...

I can't believe this gem of a story is finally going public! I thought you'd never do it. Robby it's ok that you eat toothpaste - I bet more people eat it than don't.

p.s. it still grosses me out every time I hear it.

Tash said...

Robby...Toothpaste? Gross!

Clyda and John said...

LOL! Rob that explains so much! Thanks for the laugh. Loved the part about your dad cursing up a storm. Classic.

The Johnson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Johnson Family said...

You are a dork...I am telling dad the truth! :)

Stacie said...

LOL so hard! Rob, the toothpaste...and you were 13?

Eric said...

Rob I never knew you had a blog... it is nice to see it. Only a couple more days until the big trip! You'll have to fill me in with the details.

that story was awesome!

Clyda and John said...

ummmm, so I have a confession. I think I may be raising the next Robby G. Everytime Bennett gets in the bathroom he finds the toothpaste and starts sucking on the lid and trying to EAT IT! Any advise on how to stop this from becoming an addiction?

camsmith15 said...

I am so happy that you put this story up!!! I remember when Karlee made you tell us the story and I was laughing so hard!!! And this is why I never brush my teeth... cause I hate throwing up!